Code of Conduct
As a friendly and welcoming Club for cyclists living in and around Ross-on-Wye, our Club aims to be highly regarded for well-organised rides and challenging routes, with group safety always a priority. With this in mind, we believe that 'signing up' on becoming a Member is the time to read and agree to our basic Code of Conduct.
- We always adhere to the rules of the road, and ride with courtesy, discipline and good communication.
- We show respect for the ride leaders, others in the group, and all other road users.
- We share responsibility, following the agreed ride leader, to make sure everyone comes home safely, or is accounted for at the end of each ride.
- We want to foster a welcoming and positive Club atmosphere for all new and prospective Club members.
- We have fun and challenge each other on the bike, but always from a place of basic respect (e.g. irrespective of gender, age and ethnicity).
- We respect the pace set by the leader and try to pick the right ride, as we all experience fluctuations in fitness and health throughout the seasons.
- We encourage you as a member to make a commitment to Ross CC that works for your personal situation. We respect that this is different for each of us, but we should remember we are ambassadors of the club and are visible when wearing club kit.
- We also encourage you as a member to support our charity (decided annually), in the spirit of volunteering and making Ross-on-Wye a great place to live for all.
There are no 'hard and fast' rules – but we commit to make this a great cycling club by bringing a positive attitude to having fun together on the bike, looking like a great team on the road and doing good in the community.'